Saturday, July 5, 2008

So, tell me your story.

No. Seriously. Tell me your story! So, that was my exciting new for this very Saturday. I was selected as a designer for the fabulous new challenge blog, So, Tell Me Your Story. And, wow, so many other talented ladies on that team. I mean, Jo-Anne te Raa? Come on! How can you not love her work? She's fabulous, and so is the rest of the team! Check out the first challenge, leave 'em a comment, let 'em know that Holly sent you, and there just might be something in it for YOU. :wink: Plus, it's our first challenge as designers...to see how many peeps we can send their way. So, help a girl out would ya'?

What's my story, you ask? Well, my story for the week went a little something like this...

*Spent HOURS picking lavender from my garden. I mean HOURS. It didn't look like much from the window, but when you actually get to picking, it was tons! I have 4 vases this full:

But, isn't it gorgeous?!? And, it smells divine! I planted it a couple of years ago. Nothing. Nothing but a plant. Nothing for 2 years. When we were visiting my great aunt a couple of months ago (who is an amazing gardener), I asked her what to do about my lavender. She asked, "You mean it's still alive after 2 years?" Yeah. She told me, "Well sweetie, if you didn't kill it the first year...it will bloom. It will bloom. Be patient. I killed plenty of lavender over the years. It's finicky. But, if it lived this long, it will bloom." Lo and behold, she was right. It bloomed...did it ever! But, I had to cut it down because the bees were INSANE. And, we were having a big party for the 4th. I didn't want the littles to get stung while playing in the pool and sand box. Back to the week in review...

*Took Hazel to see Kung Fu Panda. Cute movie! Hazel's first time in a movie theatre..she did great!
*Bought another PowerBall ticket for tonight's drawing. Didn't win the one on Wednesday after all.
*Made some killer bruschetta.
*Had a heart to heart with the hubs about his dad. Rick was in a terrible motorcycle accident on the 4th of July in 2006. He was left completely paralyzed, and died about a year later. We loved him dearly, and are still trying to process it. The 4th of July isn't really a happy holiday for us anymore, but we tried to make the best of it for the kids. We miss you, Rick!

*Had a fabulous BBQ on the 4th. Good friends, good food, good margaritas, pretty fireworks. Perfect! Hazel had a blast playing with sparklers for the first time.

*Went window shopping at Hobby Lobby for a doll house for Hazel. They sell some pretty great kits there. Bryan and I plan on building her one for Christmas. Just getting ideas today. On a side note...can you BELIEVE they were already putting up the Christmas stuff?!?
*Went to Michael's. Finally broke down, and bought one of these. Gotta' love those 50% off coupons to M's, right?

Speaking of which, I had better get that beauty hung up in my scrap room so I can get that area prettied up. After all, the new Label Tulip kit is my hot little hands, and I have my first challenge at So, Tell Me Your Story to get workin' on. Hope everyone had a great holiday yesterday, and is enjoying their weekend.

6 comments:

Melonie said...

YAY YOU! HUGE congrats on your new DT. I will for sure check it out!
So sorry about Bryan's Dad. That is something that never gets easier. Love your pics and so glad you had a good night with friends. Thank you to you and Bryan for the sacrifices your family has made so that mine can be free. Much love to all of you and I hope you have a fantastic rest of the weekend.

Mel G said...

Congrats Holly!!!!! So exciting!! I'm off to check out the blog now!

Michelle said...

Congrats on becoming a designer for the challenge blog. I'm definitely going to try doing the challenge. And yes, its totally cool that Elsie gd for mojo!

I hope rain comes your way more often too! The lavender is beautiful. And I am sorry that your 4th is difficult. Rick sounds like a wonderful man and I'm sure he knows how much he is missed.

KhrisW said...

You have the embellishment center too now! Ha ha ha, my friend Sharon has 2 of them and now I'm really jealous! Lucky!!! Hmm. I really should think about buying one. Can't wait to see what you put in it, hopefully you'll post a picture of it all filled up with fun stuff!

Congratulations on the design team, that's soooo cool! I'll head over and say you sent me.

I'm so sorry about Bryan's Dad. He looked like a real sweetheart. I'm sure he was and I'm sure he knew how much you loved him. I'm sure he still knows.... His spirit is with you and I'm sure you have wonderful memories of him.

Thank you and Bryan for his service (and yours) to our country. I never take it for granted and I wanted to say 'thanks!'

I'll give the challenge a shot. Your picture of Hazel was absolutely adorable! I'm not a bit surprised that your kids are as cute as they are. You're gorgeous, Holly!

dani said...

Oh awesome! Congrats on Tell Me Your Story... that is so cool!

I looooove lavender. Lavender and lilac. Oh yes.

Kung Fu Panda is awesome.... I went to see it with the husband, brother and sister in law. Yes, a bunch of adults at a kids movie. :P.

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Bryan's Dad... mine passed away 9 years ago and I still miss him.
Love lavender...it's the only thing I can grow and I basically ignore it!