Monday, July 7, 2008

Holy...NO FREAKING WAY!

Did you see this?!?

Seriously? Chatterbox? No way! Okay, okay. Deep breaths, Holly. Deep breaths. Wow. I just don't even know what to say. Okay, so I made it to round 2 of the DT auditions. But, I'm still not holding my breath. Not just yet. Did you SEE some of the talent on that list? That's some MAJOR competition, folks! And, we all know how well I do with the whole "Round 2" bouts. But, I'm still going to try my little heart out. I'm just waiting for my box of yummy Chatterbox goodies to arrive on my doorstep so that I can get my next submission all ready to go. Wish me luck! Big, BIG luck! I'll need it! I'm just honored to have made that list up there...out of 438 applications!

Okay, so everything else that's been happening pales in comparison to that news. But, how about 7 little randoms? It's been a while since I've done that. So, let's roll...

1. I won $7 in the lottery on Saturday. That's the 2nd time. We've only bought 4 tickets, and won a total of $14. Not bad. We've made more than we've spent. And, we NEVER win off the quick pick...it's always the numbers we hand-picked. I guess we're on the right track. LOL!

2. This is top on my wish list right now:

How lame is that? Top of my wishlist is a treadmill. Lame. But, I yearn to get into shape, and my blood pressure isn't gettin' any lower. TIme to start walkin'.

3. I tried eating wild boar for the first time at our 4th of July BBQ. One of our guests brought it. I must admit, I wasn't too thrilled to put that in my mouth. I don't like gamey food. But, it wasn't bad. I didn't taste like chicken. LOL! More like a salty, more tender version of jerky.

4. I just got these pretties hung up in my kitchen.

I've wanted them FOREVER, and Urban Outfitters finally had a killer sale on them. Gotta' love a good bargain!

5. I just adore this girl. She's just amazing! And, her Frenchie, Hugo is pretty cute too. Too bad he's a little too old for Sake. Anyway, this gal and I...we've been a talkin'. She's got a pretty fabulous idea in the works, and I'm really excited to have the opportunity to be a part of it. Stay tuned on that, and we'll see what happens.

6. We've had some killer meals around here lately: crab stew, herbed beef roast with tomato gravy, and maple-glazed salmon with pineapple salsa. All yummy. All worth a try. I promise...they're delicious.

7. I'm addicted to watching The Two Coreys. I promised myself that I wouldn't watch it again this season. But, it's like a train wreck...you just can't stop watching no matter how appalled you are.

Anyway, that's it for now. Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!

13 comments:

waleska said...

congratulations on the call back!!! and good luck on the next round :)

jill s said...

HUGE congrats girlie!!!!!

you are so talented!

sounds like you are having a pretty great summer!

can't wait to hear about the next round!!

Melonie said...

WOOT WOOT!! I saw your name on that list and did a little chair dance!! You are so super talented!! HUGE congrats to you.
Oh and I love the new curtains:)

Melonie said...

WOOT WOOT!! I saw your name on that list and did a little chair dance!! You are so super talented!! HUGE congrats to you.
Oh and I love the new curtains:)

Leena said...

Wooohoooo!! Congrats girl!! Best of luck in the next round!! :)

Mel G said...

Yay Holly!!!!!!! Good luck on the next round girlie! And it sounds like you've started cooking again!! hehe. Can't wait to see your Label Tulip sneaks!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Chatterbox. guess its a great week for you since you also won the book over at CROP SUEY.. Email me your info
Bree

dani said...

WhooHoo!!! congrats girl!

those curtains are so darling...

and yeah, The Two Coreys is hard not to watch, totally agree!

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj

Tonya said...

Congrats!!!!

Unknown said...

Thats very cool!Congrats girlie and good luck!! Love your curtains!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Holly and good luck on the next round, I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Unknown said...

yayy congrats on chatterbox, too awesome!!
i LOVE those curtains, they totally scream "you"! hehe.

Michelle said...

I've been meaning to stop by and congratulate you! I saw your name on the list somewhere and was super excited for you! And who cares that there are big names on there? I think your name is huge! Good luck with the 2nd round. I know you'll kick booty!