I am thankful for...
1. My two happy, healthy babies.
2. My marriage to such a wonderful husband. (I love you, B. Hope your Turkey Trot run went well, and that they actually fed you some decent food today. We miss you, and Thanksgiving just isn't the same without you.)
3. The fact that I finally get to be a SAHM, and enjoy watching my kiddos grow up.
4. The time this deployment has afforded me, to spend time with friends and family that I haven't seen in a very long time. Especially her.
5. My health.
6. To have a warm home to come back to every day.
7. A rekindled friendship with a grade school friend that I hadn't seen or heard from in about 14 years (until she found me on MySpace). See...MySpace isn't ALL that bad! This girl gets me. She's my kinda' peeps. Love ya', K! Can't wait until Feb...we're gonna' do it up for your big 3-0! I figure, if I'm not doing anything for mine, I'm really going to enjoy yours! ;0)
8. And, finally, I'm thankful for the time and ability to create.
And, in light of the time and ability to create, I'll share with you my little owlie ornaments that I finished up last night for the Red Velvet Art ornament swap.
I had fun making these, and I might just have to make another one for myself! Those sequins around the eyes are my favorite part. They're part of my grandmother's old sequin collection. They're at least 30 years old. I don't even know if they make sequins in that shape anymore, and I was just waiting to find the perfect project to use them on. The brown polka-dotted felt is from Creative Imaginations' new Creative Cafe. And, I got the blue fabric from Purl Soho. It's part of the Chocolate Lollipop collection by Anna Maria Horner. You have got to check out these glimpses of her studio. Amazing! I love all the color...so inspiring!
Well, I am going to take a quick cat nap before the big eating fest begins. Happy Thanksgiving! :0)