Thursday, November 29, 2007

Only in Alaska...

I have nothing particularly interesting of my own to share today, so I'll borrow some material from the local news here in Anchorage. This is "Buzzwinkle" (photos courtesy of Erik Hill/Anchorage Daily News):



"Why 'Buzzwinkle?'" you ask. Well, this moose seemed to have made himself at home outside of a downtown Anchorage bar, and started eating FERMENTED crab apples off a tree out front. Apparently, fermented crab apples get moose drunk. (Who knew?) Anyway, in the process of getting schnockered off of rotten fruit, he seemed to have entangled himself in the Christmas lights wrapped around the crab apple tree. He managed to free himself (taking the lights along with him). And, here he is, stumbling back across the street.



Anyone who has ever been to downtown Anchorage knows that "Buzzwinkle" fits right in with the element that occupies dowtown. ;0) Only in Alaska people, only in Alaska. Oh, and before anyone asks...no, I have never seen a polar bear (except in a zoo), I don't know anyone that lives in an igloo, and we drive cars here...not dogsleds. Seriously, you wouldn't believe how many people have really asked me those questions when they find out I've lived in Alaska. That, and the people that seem to be unaware that Alaska is, indeed, part of the United States, never cease to amaze me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! i love those pictures!!

Unknown said...

OH my goodness!!! That is a great pic! I love it!!!!!! It seems pretty awesome to live where u live (for now) lol!

Zoe said...

OHHHH. I feel bad for him!!!

♥♥♥ jEn ♥♥♥ said...

haha..that was funny. thx for sharing holly...it made me giggle & my day started off right. poor baby though, i hope he got those lights off...or i bet all his moose friends made fun of him like rudolph lol.

and i cant believe people ask if you live in an igloo, etc... silliness. funny but so silly.