Friday, August 24, 2007

Why can't the sewing machine and I be friends??

First off, I wanted to say thank you to all of the well-wishes and condolences in regards to the recent death of my father-in. We finally made it to Spokane a couple of days ago (what a harrowing car trip with a 3 year old and a 6 month old). Anyway, the memorial service will be tomorrow evening, and we are just trying to enjoy ourselves in the meantime. Well, as much as we can enjoy ourselves under the circumstances. It has been wonderful having Bryan home from Afghanistan. I just wish with all my heart that he didn't have to go back again. I miss our family being all together, and I forgot how much fun it was to have him around. I vowed that as soon as he came home (for leave or for good) that we would be taking LOTS of pictures. I hardly have any of us together. Plus, it has given me a good excuse to start over on my 365 Days project. I had fallen off the wagon on that one ever since my father-in-law passed away. But, here's my first attempt to jump back on board...



And, yes, that's a new hair-do. I had always, always, always wanted black hair with big red chunks in it. But, I had always worked at an office job where that would have been considered "unprofessional". Sometimes I forget that now that I'm a stay-at-home mom, I have the freedom to pretty much do as I please with my appearance. And, I had to remind myself again yesterday when I went to get my hair cut. I LOOOOOOOOVE it! It came out exactly the way I wanted it to! So, this style will be here to stay for a while now.

Having Bryan around, I have had some extra time to spend catching up on my magazine reading, and web surfing. While I was reading through Adorn magazine, I came across an ad for Repro Depot. This place ROCKS! They have the most beautiful fabrics and cool project books. But, alas, the sewing machine and I don't have such a wonderful relationship. But, come hell or high water, I am buying some of those project books, some fabric and gettin' my sew on! I don't care if I have to hand-sew!

Well, I am off to mail out my box of favorite things for the Red Velvet Art swap. Plus, I have a little RAK for one of my dearest friends. So, I will be popping that in the mail too. And, Bryan and I are actually going to have a date night tonight...no kids allowed! We're going to have some yummy sushi and watch our loverly Angie sing her ass off! I'll take plenty of pics for you all to enjoy!

No comments: