Friday, December 5, 2008

*stuff it*

So, I've finally got my Christmas cards done. Well, some of them anyway. I've got to tell you... I LOVE these snowflakes from Sketchbook Designs! Marie sent me so much awesome product to work with, but I just can't put these snowflakes away. There are so many possibilities... cover them in glass glitter (like on the "Noel" card), add little rhinestones, or just use them in all their beautiful simplicity! The fabulous mirrored letters on the 2nd "let It Snow" card are also from Sketchbook Designs... so pretty!







So, now that I have cards, I need some pictures to stuff them with. Hazel, by herself (even with the dog), takes a pretty cute pic...





But, add Luka AND the dog into the mix? Forget about it! Even Luka and Hazel by themselves ends in a lot of botched pictures. I got two that are pretty darn cute...





I'm having a hard time deciding which one to use in the Christmas cards. As cute as the kissing one is, I think my family would appreciate the one where they can see their faces and how they've grown. I just wish Luka would smile more in pictures, rather than that blank expression. So, which picture do you think I should use?

On to Friday Fill-Ins...

1. Snow. I miss it. It just doesn't feel like Christmas without it.

2. I'm looking forward to Hazel's cheerleading competition tomorrow.

3. Orville Redenbacher's Cracked Pepper Natural Popcorn is the best popcorn ever! I'm sooo... addicted!

4. One of my favorite old tv shows is Designing Women. I know. Embarrassing, right?

5. I'm done with quite a bit of my to-do list for this week. Finally!

6. The most enjoyable thing around the holidays is the food. Food, glorious food! I'll be starting my diet on Jan 1st.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a lot, tomorrow my plans include Hazel's cheerleading competition and building her dollhouse for Christmas and Sunday, I want to put up our outside Christmas lights!

That's it. Happy Friday peeps!

14 comments:

DeAnn L. said...

I love the one of them together showing their faces. Luka has a hint of a smile. I cannot believe how much they have grown since they were here in Alaska last. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Loves, DeAnn

Lizee said...

im a sucker for cute dogs...so my vote goes for any pic Luka is in! :)

mushroommeadows said...

I like the one with Luka and Hazel, of course (non-kissing and kissing)! But Hazel w/ the doggy is super cute, too. ;)

Linda Beeson said...

Beautiful snowflakes - CUTE kids!

Dana said...

Oh My! Hazel is a Doll!!! So jealous you got all your christmas cards finisihed! I havent even thought about it much less finished them!!

Jocelyn said...

Good for you, completing your cards and I adore them! Biggest Fan Here!!!! I adore all the pics, Hazel and her smile is just too cute. I like the kissy one, but you are right, you can't see their faces. I too adore the one with the dog!!! Oh you have a big choice on your hands. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and hope cheer competition was fun!!!!

Melonie said...

OH Holly! All of the pictures are soooo cute...but I love the one of them both showing their faces. Seriously though the pic of Hazel and Sake should be in a magazine. BEAUTIFUL pic. Love the cards too. Hope you are having a fantastic weekend.

KhrisW said...

I love that picture of them kissing! Nice to see Sake too!

Michelle said...

Greatas cards. Hands down, the first one with the kids together. The other one is cute but you are 100% right about people wanting to see their faces. Trust me, I just edited 10,000 photos from Europe down to 180. I do this all the time. ;)

milkcan said...

Oh my! Those pics are too adorable!

Anonymous said...

i like the one with the pup in it!!! ...sooooo adorable! :)

-sarah

Unknown said...

Designing Women!?!?!? NERD ALERT!

Love the photo of the kiddos kissing! It's just too cute not to share!

Have a great week!! :o)

Amy Teets said...

Those are the cutest photos EVER!!

dani said...

Those pics are so adorable!!

and I need to find some of that popcorn, I keep hearing so much about it!