Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dear December,

How did you manage to sneak up on me this year? I swear, last week June and I were kickin' it. But, now I'm trying to get acquainted with these frosty mornings where you can see your breath lingering in the air. How is it possible that the summer sun has already gone on vacay? Don't get me wrong, I love the chilly temperatures that you bring with you. I love the mornings filled with hot chocolate, knit slippers, and Christmas music floating happily about my living room. Hey, I know that you can't turn back the clock, but could you at least slow down a little bit? I am not in the holiday spirit. I need more time. I'm just not feeling ya' yet, December. So, don't you dare go thinking that you can fast forward to Christmas day in the blink of an eye. Don't you dare... or I might not be willing to kiss and make up when you decide you want to get back together next year.

xo,
Holly

P.S. I thought I would include some pictures of the ornaments I made for the swap I hosted over at Label Tulip. You know, in some attempt to prove that I haven't totally wasted the first two days you've managed to whiz right past me. Again, if you could just slow down a little bit, I could get more pretty little things like these made.









Don't you just love those pretty little snowflakes? A couple of weeks ago, Marie of Sketchbook Designs asked if I would be interested in working with some of her fabulous products, and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity! Be sure to check back over the next few days to see what else I have created with the goodies that she sent me... lots of fun Christmas projects and gift ideas! In the meantime, you might want to take a look around her Etsy store. She makes tons of cute wood, chipboard, mirrored and acrylic shapes, in addition to some wonderfully crafted acrylic albums... perfect to add to your list for Santa. ;0)

Oh, and one more thing... Label Tulip's stamp boutique is officially open for business again! In addition to the stamps, you won't want to miss out on the limited-time offer of some fabulous grab bags and 40% off all available previous kits (except from November). But, hurry up and stuff your stockings! Supplies are limited to stock on-hand, and won't be available after December 31st!

14 comments:

scrappermimi said...

These are the cutest things ever...dang, so wish I had time to do the swap.

LOL, I am so with you and December...way to soon.

dani said...

Yeah, I'm no where near ready for the holiday season!!

adorable ornaments!!

Anonymous said...

I am soo with you on the not being ready... I can't believe it's December this is soo wrong!
And I love your little houses, they are soo sweet!

KhrisW said...

Wow, those are super cool, Holly! You continue to surprise me with your creativity.

Mel G said...

Love the houses Holly!!!! I can't believe it's December either!!! By the time I get into the swing of things, it'll be January already! hehe

Aimee Ann said...

cyooooote ornaments! i do love the snowflakes, will have to check out the shop!

Melonie said...

OH my goodness Holly! Those are so super cute. I know I say this everytime you post something but I swear I love each one a little more than the next and these my friend are my absolute favorites EVER!
P.S. Love your letter to December. Do you want to make it a petition because I totally second that motion:)

Unknown said...

Oh my God I am in LOVE with the little house ornaments! They remind me of something we had when I was little! you're so talented!

Jocelyn said...

Holly, I can so relate with you! 21 days till Christmas and what the heck, I have nothing purchased, trying to get my handmade items made, cookies baked - yeah maybe some slice and bake! I want to enjoy the time, but it is just not cooperating! I love the little houses. They are just perfect, just like everything you touch!!!! Maybe we could postpone Christmas till January 25th, what do you think! Have a great Thursday!!!

~just me said...

those are the sweetest little house ornaments ever! =0)
~k

Jen said...

Where did you get the little houses to decorate?

Holly said...

I got the houses at Hobby Lobby in the Christmas craft area. Hope that helps. :0)

Linda Beeson said...

Your little houses are just totally and completely wonderful! I love the colors.

Michelle said...

Lovely lovely! As all your crafts are. :)