Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hello. Hello.

Well, I didn't mean to be away that long. I've actually had quite a bit to share over the last few days. But, as you know... the holidays seem to keep us all quite busy. Computer work has been on the bottom of the to-do list for quite a while. To be honest... so has creating. But, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. All of the family presents have been wrapped, and are in the mail (as of this afternoon). The shopping is done. The doll house is well on its way to completion (thank heavens). So, why do I still feel so overwhelmed? Probably because I had planned on being done with all of my deadlines and obligations by yesterday so that I could officially enjoy the last week and a half before Christmas. As it is, I'll be lucky if I can get everything done by Saturday and enjoy the last 4 days before Santa arrives.

There are still Label Tulip projects to be made... thanks to the sucky USPS for losing my first package from LT. I still have projects to make with my goodies from Sketchbook Designs. There is baking to be done, presents to be wrapped, packing to be done (we're going to DC after Christmas). Whew! I'm exhausted just thinking about it, and I'm sure there are still some things I left off of that list.

On a happier note, I got a huge shipment of goodies from Chatterbox! Seriously. Huge. The box stood about half-way up my thigh and weighed over 50 lbs! I've never worked for such a generous company. Here are a few peeks at the contents. Although, it is impossible to grasp how much product there really was... at least 3 of everything they made! These pictures certainly don't do the stash justice!





Now, what to do with all of that delicious product? To spite how busy everything has been, I had to take some time out this weekend to play! So, how about a quick little project idea? Marie from Sketchbook Designs included this cute little 6x6 white acrylic mini-book in my box of stuff to play with. And, I had some 6x6 pockets lying around from sarabinders. These are the particular pockets I used for this project. And, ya' know what those pockets are perfect for? Holding CD's. So, I made a little storage album to put all of my CD's full of family pictures after I download them to my computer and burn them off.



And I swear, the new "Together" line from Chatterbox was made just perfectly for a project like this! The line includes cardstock labels, stickers, numbers and date embellishments... among lots of other stuff. It coordinates with all of the Willow, Peacock Ruby and Chocolate embellishments and alphas from the artsy.liscious line. Love those colors! Here's what the inside pockets look like:









Well, that's all I have for today. Now, if you'll excuse me... I have some cookies to bake, and a pile of Label Tulip stuff to start on. I'll be back later with some peeks. By the way, the LT gallery will be posted later this month on Dec 20th at 6pm PST. I'm not the only one of the girls that had issues with their package arriving. So, stay tuned for a couple of peeks this week and the full reveal on Saturday.

16 comments:

Mel G said...

You're coming up to DC?????? Wahhhh!!!!! I'll be in Virginia Beach!!!!!! booohoooo!!! If you have time, try to stop by scrapdoodles in Fredericksburg, VA. It's on the way to DC. It is my favorite store!!!!
It's about an hour south of DC, you'll see a big sign for the Central Park area right off of I 95!!

http://www.scrapdoodles.com/

mushroommeadows said...

I really like the artsy.liscious stuff! so pretty!!!

yum yum cookies! I need to start baking, too!!!

lizzy said...

these turned out really cool! can't wait to see the rest. good luck with getting all your holiday stuff done!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at all those goodies you lucky lucky girl. And that cd holder is to die for.
Have a great trip and I hope everything gets done in time that you can enjoy a few days before Christmas!

Lizee said...

WOW!!!!!!!
holy guacamole! look at all that goodness! The Chatterbox Santa was VERY generous this year.

The CD photo album. Is an awesome idea. I will be trying that. once the holiday madness is over.

I know whatcha mean about feeling so behind--if only december could take its time and go slower.

i just need an extra week to catch up :)

Chelsea Van Tol said...

I love chatterbox!~ you're so lucky yay :)

A Soldier Girl said...

Girl .. Have fun boo bear, but umm seriously that STASH beats anything ever I LOVE IT .. drool boo boo drool .. oh wait that's me drooling ..love ya

Sasha

Melonie said...

Oh Holly what a superfab idea to store your photo CD's. Girl you are just plain amazing. Merry Christmas and I hope you have a super trip.

Anonymous said...

so cute Holly!

And I know what you mean about the box, I took pics of mine too..but there is just NO WAY to grasp through pics just HOW MUCH was in there!

Hugs!
Em

Anne-Marie said...

Wow!! Check out the CBX goodies!!! Now I can't wait to receive mine, Holly. :)) And I love that the album is simple but really pretty. :)

Michelle said...

What a fun idea! Love that photo cd holder. I'd need about 20 of those for just one year. I admit I take WAY too many photos. I'm totally jealous! And yay for all of those chatterbox goodies. Good luck with your to do list. I can relate to that!

pattyb said...

Wow that was one box of happy mail. I love your idea to scrap the binder that holds your cds. I have to think about that one.

Jocelyn said...

Holly, DC is just around the corner from us!!!!!Looks like you are coming along on all the Christmas Lists. Wow, what a great package to receive. You are going to have a ton of fun playing with all the goodies. Wishing you a wonderful Thursday!!!!

connie said...

WOW what a box of goodies! I love this album for CD's.

Dina said...

Yummy, yummy stuff!

Cookie Aguilar said...

wow Holly gorgeous work on the CD holder.... i love it!!! and oh those CBX goodies just made my eyes bigger!!! cant wait to get mine too!!! hihihi Merry Christmas!