to summer. How fast it went! We've had a busy last few days soaking up the last juicy bits of summer.
* Cleaned my house virtually spotless. Managed to keep it that way. So far.
* Survived a 4-day visit with my mother-in-law.
* Paid bills. Sadly realized current status of complete broke-ness.
* Hosted a big neighborhood BBQ on Sunday. Probably one of the last times we'll get to enjoy all of the work we've put in on our backyard this year.
* Took a trip to Raleigh. Went to Urban Outfitters. Was really good...only spent $12 on placemats. Dog ate one placemat. Went back to UO when we took B's mom to the airport. Spent $6, and picked up a couple of extra placemats this time. You know, just in case.
* Ate at The Cheesecake Factory. Love that Thai chicken pasta. Yum.
* Relented. Agreed to be "Platoon Mamma" for B's FRG. Hate that term. "Platoon Mamma." Hoping to prove the nagging voice in the back of my head wrong, and not regret taking on this responsibility AGAIN.
* Nervously watched news reports on Gustav. B was on recall for disaster relief, and would have had to deploy to Louisiana for 3 months. THANK GOD that storm out to be nowhere near as bad as expected. Hubs gets to remain here.
* Took a much-needed creative break. Hope to get back to some half-finished projects tonight with a fresh perspective. The busy holiday crafting season is about to go into full swing.
* Listed a lot of stuff on eBay in hopes of easing broke-ness status a wee bit. Need some A Muse rubber stamps? Check here.
* Attended a swimming party/BBQ at neighbor's house yesterday. Luka wasn't feelin' the pool this time, but seemed to enjoy whacking things with the pool noodles...
Hazel wanted no part of any picture taking. Nope. No way. Wasn't having it. Oh, well. Maybe next time.
I'll leave you with some LO's from early last week. My final page for my stint as Guest DT for Lotus Paperie.
BTW, check out who their amazing guest designer is for September...none other than the fabulous Martha Bonneau.
A page for the most recent challenge at Say It In Scrap: The Ugly Truth...
A LO about my grandmother, and how the ugly truth is that, all too often, we lose people that we love before we are ready to let them go.
Well, that's all for now! Happy September to everyone, and I hope you enjoyed the long holiday weekend!