Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Saying goodbye...

to summer. How fast it went! We've had a busy last few days soaking up the last juicy bits of summer.

* Cleaned my house virtually spotless. Managed to keep it that way. So far.
* Survived a 4-day visit with my mother-in-law.
* Paid bills. Sadly realized current status of complete broke-ness.
* Hosted a big neighborhood BBQ on Sunday. Probably one of the last times we'll get to enjoy all of the work we've put in on our backyard this year.
* Took a trip to Raleigh. Went to Urban Outfitters. Was really good...only spent $12 on placemats. Dog ate one placemat. Went back to UO when we took B's mom to the airport. Spent $6, and picked up a couple of extra placemats this time. You know, just in case.
* Ate at The Cheesecake Factory. Love that Thai chicken pasta. Yum.
* Relented. Agreed to be "Platoon Mamma" for B's FRG. Hate that term. "Platoon Mamma." Hoping to prove the nagging voice in the back of my head wrong, and not regret taking on this responsibility AGAIN.
* Nervously watched news reports on Gustav. B was on recall for disaster relief, and would have had to deploy to Louisiana for 3 months. THANK GOD that storm out to be nowhere near as bad as expected. Hubs gets to remain here.
* Took a much-needed creative break. Hope to get back to some half-finished projects tonight with a fresh perspective. The busy holiday crafting season is about to go into full swing.
* Listed a lot of stuff on eBay in hopes of easing broke-ness status a wee bit. Need some A Muse rubber stamps? Check here.
* Attended a swimming party/BBQ at neighbor's house yesterday. Luka wasn't feelin' the pool this time, but seemed to enjoy whacking things with the pool noodles...




Hazel wanted no part of any picture taking. Nope. No way. Wasn't having it. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

I'll leave you with some LO's from early last week. My final page for my stint as Guest DT for Lotus Paperie.

BTW, check out who their amazing guest designer is for September...none other than the fabulous Martha Bonneau.

A page for the most recent challenge at Say It In Scrap: The Ugly Truth...

A LO about my grandmother, and how the ugly truth is that, all too often, we lose people that we love before we are ready to let them go.

Well, that's all for now! Happy September to everyone, and I hope you enjoyed the long holiday weekend!

13 comments:

A Soldier Girl said...

loving it .. and the LO is fabulous girl .. so where you Ft Bragg or what .. girl we were trying to get stationed at Pope but one of us was going to have to do that while joint spouses ..LOL .. I sure do miss overseas .. alright boo just stoppin in through to say wassup

Dana said...

Wow! YOu are one busy girl but you still managed to create two more masterpieces :)

dani said...

I'm so broke too. it's such a bummer.

I have never ever ate at The Cheesecake Factory, I really need to stop there next time I'm in the city.

happy september!

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj

Lizee said...

ugh...paying bills is always soooo depressing! I can totally relate.

On a brightside congrats on surviving 4-days w/ the "in law"!! :)


BTW ur "Best of Buds" LO is so perfectly adorable!

KhrisW said...

Both of your layouts are absolutely wonderful! You've been so busy!

You know what Debbie Harry said "Call me".

Anonymous said...

You've been busy, but productive. Loving the layouts.

Lain said...

Fun layouts. My first time here -- I linked over somehow! Anyway, I'll be back...
xoox
Lain
http://knitandpurlgrrl.blogs.com/scraphappy

Melonie said...

Love that LO Holly! So true. Love the pics of Luka too. He looks like he is having fun! Have a great week.

Unknown said...

Holly,
It was wonderful having you join us as a guest designer. I hope you still come around and play along with the challenges. Your pages were a fabulous contribution to our incredible team and I am ever grateful to you! :)

Leena said...

These LOs are absolutely gorgeous Holly! The colors and design are just awesome! Love your talent to bits! :)

Kari said...

Couldn't find your email. Wanted to let you know you won Katie Runnels wreath on the sweet and sinister blog. Please email me at artsy_mama@hotmail.com with your addy.
Congrats!!!
Kari

Mel G said...

Hey girlie! Love those layouts! Can't wait to see what kind of crafty goodness you have up your sleeve for the fall and winter holidays!

KhrisW said...

I just wanted to tell you that I love those pictures of Luka and Sake! Soooo cute!!!!