Saturday, September 27, 2008

Good news abounds...

Finally! I can share the news that I have been holding in for what seems like FOREVER now. Not only did I get asked to come back to Label Tulip for another term, but Cindee and Cathy asked me to be the DT Coordinator! Eek! I'm so excited, and incredibly honored to have been asked. Be sure to tune in to Label Tulip because I have a lot of exciting plans for the next 6 months. I can't wait to get started working with this fabulous new team...

To add to that good news, my mom called me the other day to say that she thought I had made the cover of the new Handmade (formerly Paper Trends) magazine. She wasn't sure, but the mock-up cover that she saw on her renewal notice was one of my pieces. Sure enough, I got an e-mail later the next day from Tammy Morrill at Handmade saying that I had, indeed, made the cover...

Yeehaw! I haven't submitted anything to a magazine in ages, and I certainly had never had anything featured on the cover. Ever. So, I was overwhelmingly excited to have this happen. I can't wait to get my copy of the magazine, and thumb through all of the handmade goodness!

And, last, but not least, my little Halloween banner from a few posts ago was featured on the most recent newsletter from 2Peas! Take a look back at Friday's newsletter if you're interested. To be honest, I had deleted it without even reading the newsletter. I'm desperately trying to save money, and any sort of a scrap budget was the first thing to go. So, I figured if I don't look at all the new product coming out, I won't be tempted. I had to go back, and pull the newsletter from my trash just so I could take a peek. LOL!

I've been a busy little bee this weekend. So far...

*We got some of the inside and outside Halloween decorations up. I need about 5 packages of spider webs and some more orange lights for outside , and some miniature black and orange glass ball ornaments (any ideas where to find some?) for my tiny black Christmas tree inside, and I'll be about done.

*Been researching apple orchards in the area to possibly take the kids to next weekend. We've never done the whole pick-your own apple thing, and I'm just a wee bit excited. Now, if only the closest one wasn't 250 miles away.

*Listed about 13 auctions of old rubber stamps on eBay. I'm hoping to make enough $ off of them to plan a proper weekend away in the mountains hunting down that apple orchard. We shall see come Thursday.

*Working on finishing up some spooky ATC's for a swap at SIS. Must. get. them. done. I have to mail them by the 4th, but I'm aiming for the 1st.

*I'm almost done with the new blog header, and a few more gadgets for the sidebars. I'm really hoping to have it up by tomorrow night, so be sure to check back. Until then, happy weekend!

24 comments:

Ginajam said...

Wow...you've been a busy girl! Congrats on all of your accomplishments. That cover looks awesome...if they only knew I actually own a pair of those lovelies :-) Can't wait for Christmas to put them out! I, too, will have to go dig my 2peas newsletter out of the trash...way to go! Your blog is looking great...happy Sunday!

stephanie howell said...

yay, girl-
you deserve every little bit of it. enjoy. ;)

~just me said...

OMG could you be any more talented? Congrats Crafty Queen!!! I can't wait to get my hands on that magazine cover!

~me

Kendra said...

Congrats on all your good news!!! How very cool to have a cover. Your trees are adorable!

A Soldier Girl said...

Love ya boo bear .. and umm you know how I feel *wink* soo happy for you .. and umm then you made the cover on top of that all this good news in this short period of time .. LOL .. happy happy

Sasha

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo very happy for you! Wow, you made the cover!!!! The Label Tulip news is incredible too!!!

You've been working very hard and you're so talented, you truly deserve it. Again, I couldn't be happier for you. Awesome news!

Melonie said...

CONGRATS on everything! Can't wait to see what you have in store for Label Tulip and your new blog look! Have a great rest of the weekend.

Unknown said...

How fun to get the cover!! (..and SO glad to hear you're still going to be with LT!) Congrats, Holly!

scrap.girl said...

Holly congrats on LT DT coordinator spot!
You can find the small glass black and orange Halloween ornaments at Michaels. I bought some there the other day. They are where they keep the 12" spooky black bendable trees.

Unknown said...

yay congrats girlie!!! Love the blog look! Awesome!!!

Jacquie said...

Holly, glad you made LT again!

Sasha Farina said...

You just ROCK Holly!!

milkcan said...

Love, love, love your trees! Congrats on the DT Coordinator gig. Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve!

Sandy said...

yay!!! wow you had such a great week!! i loooove label tulip - i was so gonna apply but was too lazy...)-; that's great news though, they're lucky to have you as their leader...he he.

wow, i saw that cover and was blown away - i can't believe that's yours! you are one freaky-creative gal. (-;

Jessica said...

congrats congrats congrats!!

i'll be talking to someone next month about my side project. ^_^ So much to do, so little time!

You'd love it here. There are apple trees EVERYWHERE!! On the sides of the road, just bursting with fruit. The pear trees around here are ready for picking too.

Just come to Germany! Catch a space A flight out of Maryland. :D

xoxo
jess

Anonymous said...

Yay Holly!! Congrats on all the good news. You soo deserve every bit of it. I hope you can enjoy it!

dani said...

ooohhh major congrats all around girlie!!

:)

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj

murielle87 said...

hourray i love it. the small christmas trees are so cute.

Aimee Ann said...

Holly, that's so exciting. Congrats on it all!!

Leena said...

It's great to see you back in LT!! :)

Alexis said...

congrats all around!! :D

Dana said...

Hip Hip Hooray! who knew I was friends with such a celebrity? can I touch you? Hee hee.. I am so happy for you and you are absolutely deserving :)

Gigi said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO HOLLY!!!!

the cover??!!!! THE FREAKING COVER!!!!!!!!! omg you so deserve it to, i'm so happy for you!!!

& go label tulip!!! what a great team!!

yay! yay!!! yay!!!!!!!!

ok...i'll put my cheerleader persona back in the cage...lol...

but maybe just one more WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

ok...i'm done :)

xoxoxo

gi

Unknown said...

hey holly!! ive been reading your blog all morning to catch up, sorry ive been such a bad bloggie friend lately! I looove your blog makeover, and love all your latest creations! i am so proud of your for making the front cover of home made. i just saw the cover in one of my emails and recognized them right away! lol. :)