Monday, March 31, 2008

Slacker...

So, I slacked a little on the pic of the day. Well, at least for Saturday. This weekend was everything that a birthday weekend (not to mention a housebreak-the-new-puppy weekend) should not be...cold, windy, and wet. We did nothing on Saturday. Nothing. Thus, no pictures. But, we did have quite the little celebration for Miss Birthday Girl yesterday:

She couldn't wait to even get out of her pajamas before she broke into the loot. Even Sake got in on the action! I was going to post last night, but I spent most of the weekend in a Benadryl-induced haze. We've all been allergy-ridden around here, and were all in bed by 9 pm thanks to those lovely antihystamines.

Today...rainy again. I know we need the rain in this drought-addled Southeast, but ENOUGH already! So, I put on some movies for the kids, and spent the day bustin' out some work with my Red Velvet kit. When Rachel first told me that this kit would have a bunch of Bam Pop in it, I thought, "Oh no! What have I gotten myself into?!?" I really love what other people do with Bam Pop, but it never really fit my style. I spent days trying to come up with LO ideas that I could incorporate robots and those Nintendo Kirby-ish looking things into. Much to my surprise...the new Bam Pop is TOTALLY different, and TOTALLY AMAZING! I have had SO much fun playing with the kit! Be sure to pick yours up tomorrow when they go on sale here. They're sure to sell out fast...they always do! And, trust me...this kit totally ROCKS!

This was my kitchen table today with some of the goodies all splayed about:

I miss working in my craft room, and I hate having such a mess all over the kitchen table. But, with Bryan still being gone, I can't really retreat to my room to work. I can't wait to clean that mess up, and move it back into my nice, quiet little room. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great weekend, and stayed drier than I managed too!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

saki is too freaking adorable! i can't blame the birthday girl for wanting to stay in her jammies, thats pretty much how i spent my whole weekend! sorry its been all rainy, hope you get some sunshine soon =0)

~k

Melonie said...

OMG Sake is so freakin' cute! Can I just come over and hug her?
Can't wait to see what you do with the RV kit. Bampop is my favorite!!
Happy Birthday Hazel!!

P.S. we have that crappy cold rain here too:(

dani j. said...

oh my gosh that photo of Hazel and Sake is soooo darling!

I have to say it AGAIN, I am so EXCITED to see what you make with the RV kit.... so so so excited!

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj

Mel G said...

Good gravy woman!! That Sake is sooooo adorable!!!! You've gotta post a pic of your scrap room! I'm sure it will be so nice to be able to retreat there once Bryan comes home. One more week girlie!!! Wahoo!!!

mushroommeadows said...

I love this picture. Sake looks so sweet, and Hazel looks so happy with her Shrek book. :)

Anonymous said...

isn't house breaking a puppy fun?!
good thing our puppies are so dang cute...

i can't wait to see what you create with the RV kit.

xx

Unknown said...

Awww happy bday miss birthday girl! Ohhh look at that mess its so perfect lol! Love it. I wish i had a whole room but alas I only have half. Dude you are posting fool! ANd that dog is adorable!!!!

Zoe said...

oh i want to just kiss her! saki and hazel...

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Great job on all your LO's love the rv projects you made. And the card is absolutely adorable.

KhrisW said...

Your creamie girl (Sake) is so beautiful! Oh, my heart! She looks sooo soft! They're wonderful dogs, the best, imho.
Thanks for posting on my blog, I added you to my 'Interesting Blogs' list because you rock. Love your work too, of course!