Well, we made it home safely from our trip to Seabrook Island, and we had a GREAT time! Although, if the weather had it its way, we would have had a miserable trip. But, it was too great being around family that I hadn't seen in eons to be down about some rain and wind. We didn't get to spend much time on the beach...it was way too cold and windy. We made it down one afternoon. Hazel was so excited! As soon as we opened the door to the car, she was off like lightning down the wooden path to the beach.
We made it through about 10 minutes on the actual beach...
before Hazel wanted to go home and "take a nap." Nap? I don't think she's ever voluntarily wanted to take a nap! But, both of the kids were completely worn out every day. Mostly, in part to this little sweetie:
Krissi adored having the children to play with. And, I'm happy to say that they both played very gently with her. Good news for the new pup that will be coming to live with us soon! Apparently, Krissi was just as worn out as my two little ones!
I don't think Luka fully understood the concept of the dog "giving kisses." Every time she tried to snuffle his little face, he would open his mouth right up and try to lick her back!
That sweet little kissyful dog belongs to this darling woman...
My Great Aunt Marty. She is completely blind now, but you would hardly even know it. She gets around so well, and I can't believe that she's in her 80's! Both her and my Great Uncle EM still act so young, and vibrant. They are both such a kick to be around! I was a little worried that the kids would be overwhelming for Aunt Marty, but she just adored them. And, they warmed right up to her too.
So, since the weather was so crummy, we just spent most of the time visiting and eating. The seafood was delish! It was a wonderful visit, and I only wish that it could have lasted longer. But, as always, it is good to be home too. Especially since my
Label Tulip kit was waiting for me when I got home! I've already busted into it, and started playing. Be on the lookout for some peeks in the next couple of days! And, speaking of Label Tulip, the lovely Alexis Hardy tagged all of our fellow Tulip Girls. So, I just had to play along. We'll wrap this up with 7 random things, and I tag anybody that wants to play along. :0)
1. My nightly midnight snack is always a spoonful of creamy peanut butter. Just peanut butter. Just one spoonful. EVERY NIGHT.
2. I am totally ADDICTED to this new lipgloss, Sexy Motherpucker from Soap & Glory. It's marketed as a lip plumper. It's clear (although I think it come in colors as well), smells like chocolate, and makes your lips feel like an electrical current is running through them (in a good way). You can pick some up at Target...totally worth the $$$!
3. I am a cheese snob. I LOVE to go to wine & cheese bars. And, my favorite cheese is a good Humboldt Fog. It's sort of difficult to describe. It has a flavor similar to bleu cheese, but here is a more specific description if you are interested. I just scored a nice chunk of it when I was in South Carolina at a gourmet market, and I'm hoarding it like crazy!
4. I haven't been to see a movie in the theatre in over 4 years. The last movie I saw in a theatre was Without A Paddle.
5. I don't drink coffee. No coffee drinks whatsoever. No mochas. No lattes. No frappuchinos. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Just give me an ice cold can of Classic Coke anyday. :0)
6. I have suffered from insomnia for over a year now. I hardly ever sleep unless I take a Tylenol PM. I should probably get a prescription. But, honestly, those drugs scare me. I'm hoping it will get better once Bryan gets home.
7. My favorite food is Sushi. My favorite sushi restaurant is a little place that Tina and I discovered called Peter's Sushi Spot. They have my fave piece of sushi...the Diana Roll. Shrimp tempura and crab wrapped inside-out in seaweed, then white rice & topped with a sweet glaze. *drool* Check that restaurant out if you're a sushi lover, and find yourself in Anchorage, AK. ;0)
How did this 7 random things seem to end up mostly about food? Can you tell I'm hungry? I guess it's about time for that spoonful of peanut butter!