Tuesday, October 7, 2008

not much to say

We've been really busy, but not up to much. Does that make any sense? It seems life is currently full of tedious, time-consuming chores and not much fun stuff to share. But, we all have those times in life, don't we? Not to mention, every "fun" plan we have tried to make, was immediately ruined by the army. Ah, such is military life. But, I determined, come hell or high water to get to that apple orchard in the mountains this weekend. Bryan has secured a 4-day pass, we've saved up some money, the camera batteries are at full-charge, and we are ready to go! I can't wait until Saturday!

In the meantime, I will be doing lots of creating with my October Label Tulip goodies. This kit...oh, this kit...it is the best. I love every single little piece of it! I honestly have to say, it is my favorite LT kit of all-time. I just got it yesterday afternoon, and I'm already half-way through a mini-book using my whole "Week In The Life" project that I followed from Ali's blog last week. That project has been so much fun, and such an eye-opener. I can't wait to share my mini! If you'd like a sneak at some of October's goodies to tide you over, you can check out the tutorial for these flowers:

They are made entirely from product in this month's kits, and the tutorial can be found on The Label Tulip Blog. That's right... the LT blog is back up and running. It's been a few months, but the new Tulip Girls have come along, dusted the old blog off, and got it lookin' pretty! We'll be taking turns posting 2-3 techniques, projects, or challenges each week. So, be sure to check back often! This is my week and in addition to the flowers, I have a fun Halloween project to share, and another technique. Stay tuned!

And, speaking of flowers, check out my paper bouquet at The Chatterblog. So much fun to make! I'm thinking these might work their way into a nice little Etsy adventure come the first of the year. ;0)

In all of the busy-ness lately, my blog reading and e-mail answering has gotten neglected. I haven't forgotten about any of you. And, since Bryan is on yet ANOTHER 24 hour shift tonight, I'm thinking some catch-up might be on the schedule. Or, maybe I'll just stay up all night playing with my Label Tulip goodies. Decisions, decisions...

4 comments:

Melonie said...

Oh Holly I am loving all of your flowers! I spent the morning blog hopping and peaking at all of your creations. Just beautiful! I know I've said it before but you are amazing. SO glad to hear that you will be able to make it to the apple orchard this weekend. Have fun!

bethchien said...

I sooo love Halloween. It is my fave time of year. I can't wait to see what goodies you are coming up with for that!
B

Zoe said...

man would i love a trip away. as always your craftiness scares me.

Chelsea Van Tol said...

Oh, I know about chores, bleh! I have been dying to get into my crafting room but at the end of the day I am just so tired lately... I keep thinking... if I can just get everything mostly clean.. I won't have to spend so much time everyday.

But, it doesn't work that way often :P