Wednesday, March 4, 2015

:*:~Grand Opening~:*:

Oh, boy! The last couple of weeks have been a doozy! It started while driving home from a cheer competition in Atlanta through a huge (well, huge by southern standards) snow and ice storm. It took forever, and by the time we got home... our house was covered in over a foot of the white fluffy stuff. No big deal. I lived in Alaska for years, and the kids loved playing it it. For a day or two. But, that snow hung around. School was cancelled for nearly two weeks straight. We began our bathroom remodel. The contractor flooded our kitchen. Plumbers. Contractors. Contractors to fix what the other contractors ruined. Tears. Stress. More tears. No time to work on my Etsy store... or much of anything else for that matter.

Once things finally calmed down, I finished a few wreaths. But, here's the thing: living in dark cozy houses like I love... it doesn't make for good lighting when it comes to photographing your products. The outside walls of my husband's studio in our backyard, those are the best walls for photographing wreaths. But, those walls? Couldn't get to them because of that white fluffy stuff that just WOULD. NOT. GO. AWAY. Until a couple of days ago. Finally! I could photograph my wreaths!

So, without further ado... I am so excited to announce the grand opening of my Etsy store: Charmed Home Boutique!!!

Here's a little back story on my wreaths...

My handmade flower wreaths were actually born several years back when I was working on the design team for American Crafts. The original flowers were made of paper, and buttons. Paper not being the most pliable material to work with in this instance, the flowers evolved into fabric, then felt pieces. I added the glittered tulle, and rhinestones for extra sparkle. 

Over the years, I gave many of my wreaths away as gifts. Then, my daughter began competing in all-star cheerleading. Oh, the crazy life of a cheer mom! I found that these wreaths made the perfect gift for coaches, team moms, gym owners and cheerleaders alike. They're a fun way to display your team spirit year-round! And, that is how my Custom Spirit Wreaths were born. 

Perfect for not only the cheerleading set, they also make great gifts for all you football moms, volleyball moms, teachers, college student moms, and #1 fans! If you've got spirit, I've got a wreath for you! I also carry pre-made holiday wreaths, and some of my more popular designs of spirit wreaths. If you're looking for something a little smaller... I can also make mini versions of any of my 14" wreaths in a 10" size. And, coming soon... patriotic and military wreaths!

Because wreath-making isn't my only crafty endeavor... check back often for new holiday and team spirit decor items!



Here is some of what you'll find in the shop...


Pre-made wreaths in some of my more popular designs and color schemes. This one is called The Extreme... in the colors of one of the best cheer gyms in the world: Cheer Extreme Allstars. My daughter started her cheer journey at their gym, and I still have a soft spot for the teal, black, and white. 



In case you're a forward-thinker like me... there are a couple of holiday designs already available. 


The Sweetheart was intended for Valentine's Day. But, clearly the shop got off to a bit of a late start. It's still a lovely color scheme! And, it's one of the 10" mini wreaths. 

And of course, I can make any wreath that your heart desires. There are custom listings in my Etsy store, and I will work with you to create a wreath in your favorite colors. Directions for placing a custom order can be found in the details of the listings. But, here are the color options of felt, tulle, and rhinestones to choose from...




And, here are just a couple samples of what can be made...



Well, that's it for now!  But, as I type this... another wild winter storm is pulling into town. This time, I am prepared... with TONS of wreath-making supplies. So, stay tuned for more designs in the next few days! In the meantime, thank you for checking out my store, and supporting the handmade movement!

 photo signature_zps305a7b69.png

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!! I found the post about the paper flower wreath and went to see how you made them, and the tutorial is gone...2009 was years ago! But I still love the look of that wreath, any chance I can get the tutorial on how to make them with paper as that is what I have tones of!
LOVE your blog.....

custom printed corrugated boxes said...

Nice blog i like it very much keep up the good work.
buy packaging boxes - Packhit
Cream box company