Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Testing, Testing... 123...

Moves, babies, family stuff... over the last four years, there have been a lot of events that have side-lined me from blogging, crafting, and doing all of the things that I used to so enjoy. I've gone back, and forth with re-designing my blog. Are blogs even relevant anymore? Sometimes it seems like all of the social media platforms available nowadays (Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook... the list goes on), have made blogging an obsolete form of expression. But, as for me... I miss it! I have made so many great friends through blogging over the years, and it is a great way to network with other crafters who enjoy the same hobbies that you do. So, here's to getting back on this horse, and seeing where it takes me this time!

In the spirit of re-inventing my crafty self... I have applied for the Doodlebug Design 2015 DT! I have always loved their bright, playful products... and their glitter! Because, let's face it... no project is complete without a little sparkle! So, when I saw on Facebook that they were looking for new DT members for 2015, I figured there was no time like the present to dust off my scrapbooking supplies, and get to work!

They require 1-2 layouts...



I just love their "Frosty Friends" winter line! Teal has always been my FAVORITE color, and purple compliments it so well. 


Their "Friendly Forest" collection has such bright, beautiful colors... and OWLS! Owls are my absolute favorite, and I love to collect them! This was the perfect product line to use with my photo of the kids in their owl costumes from last Halloween.

We also needed to submit either a mini-book or an altered project. While I love mini-books, altered projects have always been my paper craft of choice. I love the flexibility they allow in my creative process. So many possibilities! Like using Doodlebug's line of craft supply storage in conjunction with their "Santa Express" line to create this quick, fun little snow globe...



And, last but not least... we needed to submit 1-2 cards. I've never considered cards to be my specialty. But, I'm pretty satisfied with how this one turned out...


So, I have written out my e-mail, detailed my scrapbooking resume, compiled all of my social media platforms, and hit "send." My projects are on their way to the inbox of the powers that be at Doodlebug. Now begins the waiting game. I secretly really missed this part of working in the scrapbooking industry... waiting on DT's to be selected. And, no matter if I make it or not... it felt good to push around some paper and glue again. It definitely renewed my love for the hobby!

*A quick shout-out to the gal that re-designed my blog, Rebekah, the owner of Le Charmed Boutique. She does absolutely amazing work, and it was such a pleasure doing business with her. She's great with communication, and speedy turn-around time! So, if you're in the market for a blog re-design... check her out!*

 photo signature_zps305a7b69.png

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I am so proud of you! And doing this at the very 'nth hour of pregnancy! You always were my paper and glue super hero! So happy to see you brushed the dust off the glue dots and paper trimmer and went to town! You've inspired me sister! Crossing my scissors and hole puncher for you! Mwah! (Love the blog too! Looks AWESOME!!)

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel said...

Love every single project you created and I am SO happy to see you crafting again! You are an inspiration and I cannot even tell you how much I've missed your blog!!