Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Here's to new beginnings!

But, first... a winner for the Pink Paislee goodies! Per the trusty random number generator...

Here are your random numbers:

26
Timestamp: 2009-09-01 18:11:25 UTC


And, #26 is...

Christina said...
I love tutorials. Thanks for sharing!

August 30, 2009 2:59 AM


Congratulations, Christina! Please e-mail me at charmedgirlnc@gmail.com with your mailing address so I can get your goodies in the mail to you as soon as possible! :0)

Thanks so much to everyone that checked out my garden journal video tutorial. A lot of you mentioned that you really wanted to make one, so if you do, please feel free to post 'em up somewhere so I can take a peek!

Today has been such a bittersweet day. Hazel started her first day of kindergarten.





I promised myself that I wasn't going to cry IN the classroom when I dropped her off. I didn't. I made it all the way to the parking lot before the waterworks started. *sigh* They grow up so fast. I just wish her daddy was here to see it.

The mornings are starting to get cooler. I haven't had my A/C on in 3 days. Fall is settling in here. Is it just me, or does fall always feel like it has wiped your slate clean? A fresh start... new beginnings... anything is possible. Aside from Hazel starting a brand new school year, there are lots of other new beginnings going on around here.

As you may or may not know, I have resigned from Label Tulip effective September 30th. I have been with them for over a year and a half... more than a year as the DT coordinator. It was such a wonderful experience, and I thank Cathy from the bottom of my heart for the opportunity to work with her and be part of her amazing team! But, all good things must come to an end, and I felt it was time for me to explore other creative opportunities. What might those be? Only time will tell. ;0) But, rest assured, I am not going anywhere!

One place that you can check out my work is at this fabulous new challenge blog! Point.Blank.Period. This is the most amazingly talented group of ladies! And, our first prompt went up today! Here's the skinny:

Life is so much more than a box. So think outside of it:

JOURNAL PROMPT:
Let go of your comfort zones what do you thnk holds you back from

being a better person .. or are you already exploding to the new and better you?

RULES:
-- COLOR, BRIGHT and slap it with blue .. and let go of all inner secrets trapping you.
-- Must add ribbons or buttons, also add bling
-- Black and White Photo ..

TWISTS:
-- No bigger than 8.5x11 or Art Journal size ..
-- and ELABORATE on your brightest color .. (hmmm)


Here's my spin on it...



Now, let's see yours! Jump on into our community! I'll be there waiting. :0)

14 comments:

bethchien said...

I am loving that layout and I am def going to play...but, not until next week. lol

rudie2shoes said...

I can't believe I won. Thank you soooo much. :) I've sent you an email with my info. I love your layout. The blue just pops out at you. Can't wait to see what else you create. I love it!

Jocelyn said...

Oh the pic of Hazel is so adorable!!!!! She is just precious!!! I am off to check out the new site and hope to play along!!!! Sending you smiles today....sweet friend!!

Anonymous said...

love the pic of Hazel! I can't believe how much she has grown since I "met" you on the boards of that bad,bad,bad kit club! LOL!
You rocked that challenge.. I might have to see if I have some time tonight to put a page together for it while the hubby is at class.
Soo love the fall! Come on boot and sweater weather! Bring it on!!

Sasha Farina said...

I feel like crying myself seeing those photos of Hazel. You be strong.. we're all here for you. You can do it. *hugs*

Leigh Penner said...

My dd starts kindergarten next week and I'm sad about it, too! I hope I make it to the parking lot before I start crying!
Great layout-- I really like your take on it!

dani said...

fall does always feel so fresh - I'm hoping it's a fresh start for neil and I anyways.

I am going to have to play with that prompt - I keep checking out the site, must take some time to play!

Unknown said...

Label Tulip will definitely miss you, Holly!! You have inspired so many people including myself with your amazing creations! Because of you, I was able to continue Label Tulip until the end of Aug. Thank you SO much for all your support and for making my life with Label Tulip such a wonderful experience!

Oh, wow! Hazel now goes to kindergarten, huh!! She is SO adorable!

Unknown said...

awww.... my little one started Kindergarten... time totally flies!

Unknown said...

She is so precious - and I love her name!

Anonymous said...

i'm thinking about playing along with the challenge over at PBP.... just got to get my pics printed. hehehe!

loved your LO for that challenge! :)

by the way, what a cute name -- hazel! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Unknown said...

Your Daughter is bee-ootiful .. be sure to stay stationed away from my boys K .. lol .. loved your take boo . and THANK YOU for being apart of the vision ..

you rawk.

Tracy said...

I just came across your blog ... and GUESS WHAT??? ... we go by the same (well, almost) codesign (tee hee) ... my blog is called tracyscharmedlife.blogspot.com ...

Please to meet ya hazelscharmedlife ...

It is indeed a Charmed Life - come what may ...

I love this LO and I love journaling challenge blogs. I am currently a Designer for a blog called journalingjunkie.blogspot.com - go check us out for fun ...

Telling our story IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT ...

I'm off to check out Point Blank Period ... tfs ...

Tracy G

Tracy said...

OOOOPS (sorry ...) ... I meant hollyscharmedlife ... altho' I am sure your Hazel leads a charmed life too ...

Have added you to my Google Reader ... thanks for the inspiration on your blog ....