Profound. And, interesting.
It's been quiet lately. I've been taking some time to figure things out. Lots of changes. Lots of decisions to be made. It's funny how life throws things your way that you wouldn't have expected in a million years, and then you just have to deal. Even when dealing isn't really what you want to do.
I've taken a couple steps back from the internet lately. Somewhere along the way, I decided actually living in your own life, and rediscovering the simple things, is far more rewarding than gluing bits and pieces of memories to paper. Not to say that I'm going to stop recording my and my family's memories. Not at all. I just choose to be more present in, well, the PRESENT. I'm going to try to take this blog back to where it started from... more sharing. Sharing of everything. In the past few months, it has only been proof of deadlines completed. But, I want to get back to more sharing of everyday life. More pictures. More thoughts. More stories. More words. We'll see how that goes.
How about some slightly introspective Friday Fill-Ins a couple of days late?
1. "In a hole in the ground, there lived this funny little girl that I forgot. She got lost somewhere amongst the grown up world of responsibilities, decisions, stress. I miss that funny little girl. I'm trying to find her again."
2. "I'm not perfect, but that ain't no matter."
3. "After dark the rain began to fall again, I remembered that the storms always seem to roll in full-force when he's gone. Always."
4. "Why can't I discover vast treasures from the hold of the Spanish galleon? I'd be set for life."
5. "There was a hand in the darkness, and hopefully, a light at then end of the tunnel."
6. "Accidents ambush the unsuspecting... why do I always seem to be the unsuspecting?"
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to... well, it's over. But, I was looking forward to Hazel's first sleep-over (which was a raging success). Tomorrow my plans include tying up a bunch of pressing creative deadlines. Why am I such a procrastinator? And Tuesday, I want to finish cleaning my house before my aunt arrives for a visit.